This document describes how The Alliance Group manage personal information.
1. The National Privacy Principles Since December 21, 2001, most private sector organisations in Australia have been required by law, to comply with the National Privacy Principles (NPPs). We have been bound by and have complied with the NPPs from that date.
2. Collecting personal information about you The kinds of personal information we hold We only collect personal information that is necessary for us to perform our functions and activities, which consist of the origination and administration of loans, and related activities. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend on your dealings with us and the circumstances in which it was collected, but may include:
• Information you provide to us when you apply for a loan or when you offer to guarantee a loan. This information will include your name, address and contact details, and, if applicable, identification information relevant to applications requiring compliance with the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act. • Financial information about you such as your financial position and details of your salary or wage, and information obtained from credit checks carried out during the loan approval process (but only if you have authorised such checks to be carried out). • Information about the progress of any loan provided to you, or which you have guaranteed, including your communications with us.
3. Using and disclosing your personal information The purposes for which we collect and hold personal information and how we use and disclose it We respect your privacy. Any personal information, which we collect, about you will be used by us to assess your application for a loan or offer to provide a guarantee, and to facilitate provision and administration of loans and related activities. In order to do this, we may disclose your personal information to: • professional advisers such as solicitors, accountants and valuers; • mortgage insurers; • underwriters; • government agencies such as those which administer land titles and revenue or (where applicable) foreign investments; • credit reporting agencies and mercantile agents; • external auditors; and • other organisations, which participate in funding, providing, and administering your loan or the loan you have guaranteed, such as the trustee of the fund from which the loan is sourced. We may also use your personal information to provide you with information about other products and services offered or distributed by us. To do that we may disclose your information to our service providers (see below).
Contracting out services and disclosures We also disclose personal information to organisations to whom we outsource functions, such as mailing and printing houses, IT providers or a mortgage servicer which organisations assist us to service and administer your loan or the loan you have guaranteed, or provide you with information about products and services offered or distributed by us.
4. Access to your personal information In most cases, you can gain access to personal information that we hold about you. We will handle requests for access to your personal information in accordance with the NPPs. Requests for access should be directed to the Privacy Officer, whose contact details are set out below.
5. What to do if you would like more information about how we manage your personal information or wish to complain about a breach of your privacy If you would like more information about the way we manage our personal information or are concerned that we may have breached your privacy and wish to make a complaint, please contact us by calling us on 1300 557 304 or by writing to us at the postal or email address set out below.
Privacy Officer The Alliance Group; PO BOX 289, BULIMBA QLD 4171 FAX: 1300 549 546 Email: email@example.com